Sligo Volunteer Centre and Sligo PPN are pleased to be working locally in partnership along with the Carmichael Centre and Volunteer Ireland to deliver a FREE series of short webinars for community, voluntary and charitable organisations over the Autumn.
NOTE: A webinar is a course over the internet. As part of a group, you will watch a presentation on a screen. We will be on hand to support you as well.
We recognise that working for the community is hard work, and the growing number of requirements on community groups to conform to certain governance practice is increasingly forcing volunteers out of the sector. The content of these webinars reflects the direct feedback from groups in Sligo in terms of identifying the critical training supports that will enable them to continue the good work that they do for people of Sligo. Note: You don’t need any level of technical expertise to be part of a webinar.
All will take place in the Innovation Centre, IT Sligo. Booking is essential.
Preparing an Annual Report: Mon Sep 17th, 12pm-1pm: Book here
- Purpose of Annual Report
- Legal requirements and best practice
- Telling the story of your organisation effectively
Key Issues for Boards: Tue Oct 16th, 10am-11am: Book here
- Key governance issues to understand
- Understanding your Constitution
- Complying with relevant legal requirements
- Transparance and accountability
- Running effective board meetings
Introduction to Risk Management: Wed Nov 14th, 2pm-3pm: Bookhere
- Develop a basic understanding of Risk Management
- Tools which can be employed to minimise risk.