The Charities Regulator is hosting a series of regional meetings around Ireland this Autumn to meet charity trustees. The third of these meetings takes place at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Sligo on 10 October.
“This is an opportunity for our staff to meet charity trustees, explain some of the guidance documents we have produced and answer questions which trustees have,” Charities Regulator Chief Executive John Farrelly said.
Topics covered will include:
- the roles and responsibilities of charity trustees,
- internal financial controls,
- managing conflicts of interest,
- charity registration, and
- the proposed accounting and reporting regulations.
There will also be time to take questions from the floor.