How Organisations and Volunteers can get involved in European Volunteering Capital 2017:
Volunteer in 2017! Click Here
- Include your events on the Calendar of Events. Events on the Calendar will have a focus on events that inspire, recognise or encourage volunteering.
Type of Events for the Calendar:
- Recruitment Drives
- Open Days
- Volunteer led events eg. Festivals, fair days etc.
- Volunteer Recognition Events
Why should we include our event?
- It is extra promotion for your event
- It will be collated as being part of the European Volunteering Capital 2017 celebrations
- We will be sending our Promotions Volunteers to as many events as we can to capture some pictures with some props.
What we ask:
- That you use the official logo when promoting the event
- That you use the hashtags associated with the year #EVCapital - by everyone using these hashtags means things can be tracked on Social media channels and therefore we can see at the end of the year all the activity.
For other events that you are running that are more focussed on fundraising or related activities, we are happy to put those on the Community Bulletin section and promote them that way.
If you are running an event which requires volunteers input, Sligo Volunteer Centre are happy to help with the recruitment of those volunteers. See our website www.volunteersligo.ie or contact us on 071-911 1042 to see how we can help
- Be part of the Volunteer Voices monthly events, where an interesting topic will get people talking each month in a relaxed setting. Next event on Thursday 27th April in the Glasshouse at 10.30am. Theme: Volunteering as a pathway to employment.
- Consider engaging with National Volunteering Week (15th-21st May) - perhaps hold an Open Day/Taster session, a Thank you event for your volunteers.
- Volunteering as a Pathway to Employment – Event being held 16th May 2017 (during National Volunteering Week). This will be an opportunity for your group to involve volunteers who are seeking employment and building their skills through volunteering.
- Volunteer Recognition Event in October 2017: Watch this space.
- Contribute your groups voluntary hours to the Virtual Volunteer Clock – at the end of 2017 – you will be amazed how much activity the volunteers around Sligo do!
- Consider nominating people for Volunteer Ireland Awards to be held in Sligo Dec 2017.
- Consider engaging with the Public Participation Network (PPN) and availing of their supports. www.sligoppn.ie
- Follow EVC on Facebook and Twitter
- Sign up for updates on www.evcsligo.eu