Garda Vetting Training:
New legislation brought in May 2016 has brought about significant changes to the vetting system. Sligo Volunteer Centre process vetting on behalf of a number of affiliates. If your organisation would like to avail of the garda Vetting Service, or just find out more, this is the training for you.
Cost: €25 (further €25 to register with the GV service after training)
Finding & Keeping Volunteers:
This is an introductory level workshop aimed at staff or volunteers in non-profit groups who recruit and manage volunteers. It is aimed at groups who have not yet availed of training on any aspect of Volunteer Management.
- What Sligo Volunteer Centre can do for you
- What volunteers want from volunteering
- Tips for developing attractive volunteer roles
- Overview of Planning for Volunteers
This session is aimed at the person within the organisation who has/will have responsibility for planning for volunteer involvement. Phone 071-9111042 or e-mail email@example.com to find out when the next session is coming up.
- Small / local community groups: = €10
- Nationally Affiliated groups/larger groups / networks / charities / NGOs: =€15
- Volunteers with no access to funding –suggested contribution:= €5