Garda Vetting Training:
Next Training: Thursday 21st June 7.30pm-9.30pm in Riverside Hotel, Sligo
New legislation brought in May 2016 has brought about significant changes to the vetting system. Sligo Volunteer Centre process vetting on behalf of a number of affiliates. If your organisation would like to avail of the garda Vetting Service, or just find out more, this is the training for you.
Cost: €25 (further €25 to register with the GV service after training)
This event is suitable for not for profit organisations who wish to sign up to our EVetting service. Ideally the attendee will be the person who is going to be administering the vetting in their organisation. It is also suitable for Board Members.
Full Event details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/225587711543417/
Finding & Keeping Volunteers:
This is an introductory level workshop aimed at staff or volunteers in non-profit groups who recruit and manage volunteers. It is aimed at groups who have not yet availed of training on any aspect of Volunteer Management.
- What Sligo Volunteer Centre can do for you
- What volunteers want from volunteering
- Tips for developing attractive volunteer roles
- Overview of Planning for Volunteers
This session is aimed at the person within the organisation who has/will have responsibility for planning for volunteer involvement. Phone 071-9111042 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to find out when the next session is coming up.
- Small / local community groups: = €10
- Nationally Affiliated groups/larger groups / networks / charities / NGOs: =€15
- Volunteers with no access to funding –suggested contribution:= €5
Volunteer Leadership Training
This is a modular training designed to bring organisations through the range of Volunteer leadership topics.
Sligo Volunteer Centre are planning on running this training in May/June 2018.
Volunteer Leadership Training (2 day training)
Price per participant
- Nationally Affiliated groups/larger groups / networks / charities / NGOs: =€75
- Small organisations / local community groups: = €50
- Volunteers with no access to organisational funding –suggested contribution:= €10