Garda Vetting Training: 13th September 2016 10am-12.30pm in Riverside Hotel
New legislation brought in May 2016 has brought about significant changes to the vetting system. Sligo Volunteer Centre process vetting on behalf of a number of affiliates. If your organisation would like to avail of the garda Vetting Service, or just find out more, this is the training for you.
Cost: €25 (further €25 to register with the GV service after training)
Finding & Keeping Volunteers: Tuesday 26th July 2016 9.30am-1pm in Woodhaven Respite Centre, 1st Sea Road
This is an introductory level workshop aimed at staff or volunteers in non-profit groups who recruit and manage volunteers. It is aimed at groups who have not yet availed of training on any aspect of Volunteer Management.
- What Sligo Volunteer Centre can do for you
- What volunteers want from volunteering
- Tips for developing attractive volunteer roles
- Overview of Planning for Volunteers
- Small / local community groups: = €10
- Nationally Affiliated groups/larger groups / networks / charities / NGOs: =€15
- Volunteers with no access to funding –suggested contribution:= €5