Sligo Volunteer Centre is run by 4 part-time staff. We also have the support of a voluntary Board of Management and some regular support volunteers.
Sligo Volunteer Centre Staff :
Ciara Herity - Manager Paula Naughton - Volunteer Development Officer Riona Rochford - Volunteer Development Officer
Olivia Byrne - Garda Vetting and Project Worker Sinead Doherty - Volunteer Development Officer (Maternity cover)
Thank you to all our in house Volunteers
Our Current Board of Directors are: Marie Casserly (Chair); Kathya Rouse (Treasurer); Mr. Sean Forde; Mr. Larry Mullin; Mr. Gavin Forkan; Ms. Mary Hennigan; Ms. Sarah Murphy; Ms. Dorothy Clarke.
Sligo Volunteer Centre is an affiliate of Volunteer Ireland - http://www.volunteer.ie
There are over 20 Volunteer Centres & Volunteer Information Services throughout Ireland. In the Connaught-North West region there are:
- Mayo Volunteer Centre - http://www.volunteermayo.ie/
- Donegal Volunteer Centre - http://www.volunteerdonegal.ie/
- Galway Volunteer Centre - http://www.volunteergalway.ie/
- Monaghan Volunteer Centre - http://www.volunteermonaghan.ie/
- Leitrim Volunteer Information Service - http://www.volunteerinleitrim.ie/
- Roscommon Volunteer Information Service - http://www.volunteerroscommon.ie
The Centre is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development with additional support from Sligo County Council.